Thanks to the current world situation involving the COVID-19 pandemic and the poorly named Coronavirus, I’m going to be forced to postpone indefinitely the release of the single from my upcoming album, Derivations.
If you’re just now tuning in on the subject, I had been planning on releasing a single of Interstate 30 through the CD Baby distribution service. That way, it could get up on Amazon, Spotify, Pandora, and all of the major (and most of the minor) streaming platforms throughout the world. Unfortunately, CD Baby seems to have experienced a slight service disruption due to the same COVID-19/Coronavirus world situation, so I won’t be able to take advantage of their service as planned. I can’t use another service, since the single would have been linked to the physical CD album release, and only CD Baby does physical releases. So, I’m stuck without a distributor for now.
In the meanwhile, the album cover for Derivations is back on track. In fact, it may be ready before the single is ready. As a result, I may wind up releasing the album as a whole instead of a single followed by an album. Watch this space for news updates.