Well, I just thought they were going to pull my wires on Wednesday. I got a phone call from the Nevro representative. She wanted to discuss extending the trial until Friday so that she could test out some other programs. I discussed this with my wife, and we took a wait-and-see attitude with us into the Wednesday appointment.
While I was at the Pain Management offices on Wednesday, the Nevro rep ran a remote electric test that showed one of my wires (“leads,” actually) had slipped. She managed to get a quick X-ray done and, indeed, did learn that one of the leads was not in exactly the same vertical alignment as the other. We were leaning toward giving the test another two days anyway, but that finding just about sealed the deal.
The only thing left was arranging transport, since my wife needed to go in for a work meeting on Friday. Fortunately, my son agreed via phone to drive me to the hospital for Friday’s conclusion to the test. That was the last piece we needed. He’ll be picking me up and, Lord help me, driving my Honda Ridgeline to the appointment (he doesn’t trust his car, for good reason).
So, before we left the hospital on Wednesday, the Nevro rep reprogrammed my stimulation unit. She’s giving the new programs less time than normal so that each one can be tested in just two days. The test can’t run any longer due to the risk of infection setting in. That means, ready or not, the leads are definitely coming out on Friday.
Wish me luck, please. I haven’t had any through this test so far.
Leave a Reply